Sunday, July 17, 2011

WORST PARENTS EVERRRR

So Friday night I offically felt like me and Nathanael won that award. We went out to eat with my parents and their friends and kids. We went to the new Iguana Joes for the first time since it opened and it was CROWDED.

Well we got to sit down on a bench and wait for our table so me and Nathanael sat on the small bench and we sat Roxy on the other bench with my mom and her friend and 2 little girls because they wanted to see "baby Roxy".

So me and Nathanael are in our own conversation in our own world when our buzzer starts going off. So we stand up, still in our conversation and start following the host along with everyone else and then Alissa, my moms friends 3 year old daughter, said "what about baby Roxy"? Nathanael takes off back to the waiting area to find people staring at her asking if anyone knows whose baby that is and I stand still as stone in place and start balling crying. I was just beyond upset, feeling like I am going to throw up all over the place, people staring at me like I'm crazy but I do not care one bit.

That was the worst feeling I have ever felt and cannot believe that it happened. Everyone kept saying it was ok but I did not feel ok. All I wanted to do was hold her in my arms to know that I would not leave her sitting by herself ever again. As I did pick her up though she had pooped and it was EVERYWHERE. Thank god we bring extra blankets everywhere because we had to put one down so she could sit back in her poop covered carseat.

The before poop outfit

The after poop outfit

Cover in drool from teething lol

2 comments:

  1. OH honey, I'm so sorry! I hope it makes you feel a little better to know WE HAVE ALL DONE IT! Left babies in the car, at the church, at home when we left somewhere, at the table in a restaurant, the list goes on. It is a sickening feeling, it's true. I think it is another rite of passage into parenthood, and THANK GOODNESS everything was okay. You are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has told me they have done it, and it does make me feel wayyyy better knowing were not the only parents to have done it. I was just the worst feeling ever, and I hope to God we never do it again... which I'm sure we will. LOL.

    Thank You! I think we are doing a pretty good job. She is still breathing, smiling, and growing. So as long as that keeps happening I think we'll be good :)

    ReplyDelete